FoodRelay offers a virtual cafeteria service for innovative companies allowing them to configure it according to their needs in a web application. The meals are then selected individually by employees and personalized to their food preferences online. Our FoodRelay kitchens cooks hundreds of lunches everyday in Montreal from local ingredients. Tens of companies ranging from 20 to 400 employees uses this platform every week to make lunch time more fun and inclusive for all their team.
Ready to join the team?
About the position
The UI / UX designer position is a key role in which you’ll focus on understanding the people using our product and design flows and interfaces that are intuitive and fun to use. You will also contribute to grow our design system and the components that composes it. You’ll also apply our brand identity guidelines in all parts of our product.
We are looking for someone who will complement our product team, joining the first 10 people in the FoodRelay team. We are expecting from you to take initiatives in order to reach goals.
Our design philosophy
Design and problem solving are at the heart of our product development process at FoodRelay. Developers, marketing people and operations managers participate to the user experience brainstorms to make sure that everyone is working in the same direction to ensure the best experience for the client. Our designers think in systems and components and create tools that everyone can use, helping keeping all parts of our product consistent.
- Organize user interviews to better understand their needs
- Design user flows to identify the key steps and actions of users
- Animate collaborative card sorting and wireframe activities
- Design high definition interface mockups
- Design components for our design system
- Write and update our design system documentation
- Create semi-functional prototypes for user testing before feature development
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic or interactive design
- Successful experience in user experience and interface design
- Good knowledge of the best practices in user experience for e-commerce
- Good self-learning, communication and vulgarization skills
- Interest for branding, illustration and marketing (an advantage)
- Mastery of the sketch design app
FoodRelay is the best place if you’re looking for
A key position in fast-growing tech startup. A stimulating position that will get you out of your comfort zone and allow you to perfect your skills. An opportunity to work in a creative and motivated team with people from all backgrounds and experiences. An opportunity to change the way we eat together at work
Included at FoodRelay
A free gourmet lunch everyday, prepared by our chefs. Good quality espresso coffee for everyone. A team with varied origins and career paths, monthly 4@7 events. Participating in a team project with the goal of improving employee well-being
A truly inclusive culture
We believe that talent sees no distinction of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, political convictions, language, origin, social condition or handicap. We also believe that diversity brings collective enrichment and that developing a culture that values inclusivity and an absence of discrimination is a crucial part of our company responsability. In this context, we are committed to promote integration and diversity and make it a source of pride and growth for all of our employees. Come work with us!