FoodRelay offers a virtual cafeteria service for innovative companies allowing them to configure it according to their needs in a web application. The meals are then selected individually by employees and personalized to their food preferences online. Our FoodRelay kitchens cooks hundreds of lunches everyday in Montreal from local ingredients. Tens of companies ranging from 20 to 400 employees uses this platform every week to make lunch time more fun and inclusive for all their team.
Ready to join the team?
About the position
The FullStack dev position is a key role that will have you building new features on our apps from A to Z, from the design of the model and API endpoints on the backend to the integration in the front end with reusable components in React. You will also regularly participate to updating our strategic roadmap following the growth of our company and will be able to work on your own projects and collaborate with people from the operation, kitchen and marketing teams.
We are looking for someone that will complete our tech development team and will be part of it’s 10 first members. We are expecting from you to take initiatives in order to reach goals.
About our technology
For more information and to see our complete stack : https://stackshare.io/foodrelay/foodrelay
- Participate to card sorting and user flow design activities
- Collect and define development requirements
- Design new data models, think about their integration with the actual structure and plan the necessary migrations
- Taking the lead in the development of new features and inure good communication of it’s progress with the rest of the team
- Code new features with clear, efficient and testable code, following the best practices
- Integrate with different backend services and databases
- Write and maintain product documentation
- Cooperate with UI / UX designers to insure a good visual cohesion
- Write automated tests in order to locate and fix bugs fast
- Perform quality assurance tasks for new features and correct any bugs found
- Refactor and maintain the code base on a regular basis to limit technical debt
- Computer engineering bachelor’s degree or similar experience
- Successful experience in software development
- Experience with the use of Git
- Mastery of the Linux operating system
- Good knowledge of the best practices in software development
- Experience with React (an advantage)
- Experience with AWS (an advantage)
- Experience with CI / CD (an advantage)
- Experience with Twilio and Stripe APIs (an advantage)
- Interest in data science (prediction and matching algorithms, data analysis)
- Good self-learning, communication and vulgarization skills
FoodRelay is the best place if you’re looking for
A key position in fast-growing tech startup. A stimulating position that will get you out of your comfort zone and allow you to perfect your skills. An opportunity to work in a creative and motivated team with people from all backgrounds and experiences. An opportunity to change the way we eat together at work
Included at FoodRelay
A free gourmet lunch everyday, prepared by our chefs. Good quality espresso coffee for everyone. A team with varied origins and career paths, monthly 4@7 events. Participating in a team project with the goal of improving employee well-being
A truly inclusive culture
We believe that talent sees no distinction of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, political convictions, language, origin, social condition or handicap. We also believe that diversity brings collective enrichment and that developing a culture that values inclusivity and an absence of discrimination is a crucial part of our company responsability. In this context, we are committed to promote integration and diversity and make it a source of pride and growth for all of our employees. Come work with us!